Translate

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

New Cat Murphy

About 2 years ago, someone tossed out a baby kitten in the parking lot at my work.  One of my employees found it and brought it inside.  The poor little thing was only 2 weeks old and needed to be bottle fed or it wouldn't survive.

I took it to my vet and they took it in and kept it safe for the next 6 weeks while it grew stronger.  I checked on the little kitten several times and found that it was healthy and would be eligible for adoption.  While I had never been interested in having multiple cats in my home, I just couldn't turn down this little abandoned kitten.  When she was big enough to be adopted we took her home and named her Murphy.

She grew and thrived in a loving home.  She did have some strange habits, she slept on my neck every night and she is terrified of tape.  But other than that, she is the sweetest little 4 legged addition to our home.  Our other cat Hockey tolerated this little bundle of energy and he finally decided that it was useless to protest her presence and they became buddies.

They stick together and enjoy playing around the house.  Ok, there is more laying around the house than there is playing.  But they are a good team!



So here she is, our little Murphy, sweet, lovable and a survivor.  I will never know who dumped her out that busy parking lot.  I do know that she was brought into my life in a unique way and has brought love and joy into my families life.

No comments:

Post a Comment